My yoga evolution
Anne began to practice yoga as an adolescent. It is while living in Vancouver as a young adult that she had a formative experience under the tutelage of Sandra Sammartino, who herself was trained by B.K.S. Iyengar, one of the grand masters of contemporary yoga.
At 24, Anne completed her first training to teach yoga in Hawaii. Back in Canada, she taught yoga at the University of British Columbia while completing her studies in Recreation Therapy.
As a Recreation Therapist in a psychiatric care environment for several years, Anne adapted the practice of yoga in such a manner that her patients benefitted from valuable moments of relaxation and joy. She also trained a selection of colleagues in relaxation routines rooted in the traditions of yoga
Upon her return to Québec, she completed her Masters in Adult Education at the University of Montreal in 1990 and continued studying and teaching yoga. In 2008, she augmented her training under the guidance of Karen Claffey, followed by Robin Golt and Barrie Risman. Among others, Anne also has trained under Matthew Sanford, Dinah Rodrigues, Hervé Blondon, Tao Porchon-Lynch and more. A yoga instructor at the YMCA, Anne also teaches in various studios, to people with different needs, to seniors groups and offers her services in person or online.
- 1980 – Training under Sandra Sammartino Yoga, Vancouver
- 1984 – Hatha Yoga Certification, Maui (Hawaïi)
- 2000 – Massage Therapy Certification – Swedish massage
- 2001 – Fitness Training Certification, YMCA
- 2008 – Anusara Yoga Certification yoga (200 hours)
- 2009 – Hormonal Yoga I-II-III Certification, Dinah Rodrigues
- 2011 – Anusara Yoga Immersion (100 hours)
- 2015 – Person with disabilities Yoga Certification, Matthew Sanford
- 2017 – Philosophy of Yoga Studies, Robin Golt (150 hours)
- 2019 – Yin Yoga Certification, Om West
- 2020 – Restorative Yoga Certification, Institut Satyam Tantra Yoga
« Connect with, cultivate and celebrate your vitality. »
- Bachelors Recreation Education, UBC, 1985
- Instructor RCP, PAT and others, Alberta Hospital Ponoka, 1986
- Masters Adult Education, Université de Montréal, 1989
- Lecturer, Concordia University, Applied Human Sciences, since 1990
- Personnel Development -Training Consultant, Steelcase Canada, 1995-2000
- Team Coaching Certification, Concordia University, 2016